HV Cabling is an import consideration of all power projects and Kelvin Power have significant experience in both substation cabling and off site cable routes. This work stream complements the Layouts department where their experience of substation layouts being utilised to provide designs for onshore connections and cabling associated with substation reconfiguration. The design team can develop detailed designs for Cable layouts, 3D cable routing and Troughing & Ducting.
HV Cable Routes
Kelvin Power have undertaken a wide range of services for Energy Projects with associated cable routes from short routes to long routes (15km plus) through urban or agricultural areas.
Early attention to cable route design is essential in any aspect of project development to ensure feasibility and economy of design is dealt with at the pre consenting stage. Our Cable route design service compliments our Power Project Services enabling us to offer a complete cable route package.
We can offer the following technical services
- Route Feasibility Studies
- Route Surveys and Ground Investigation
- Cable route layout plans
- Cable length assessment
- Joint bay design
- Link box chamber design
- Horizontal Direction Drill (HDD) design for both landfall and onshore crossings
- Duct pull in force calculations
- Cable pull in force calculations
- Duct strength calculations
- Highways/Network Rail technical approvals